Saturday, May 31, 2008

Fragrances and A Trip of Nostalgia


After a long self-imposed sabbatical from blogging and net, I started today as the urge to express became so strong and compelling in me that I felt as if I am splitting at the seams.

It so happened that I got a mail from someone with an Email ID called CutiCura, which evoked so many nostalgic memories in me. That name brought back long forgotten memories of a unique fragrance associated with my childhood. I had an English teacher in my primary school, who used to wear this particular talcum powder, with a unique perfume and the whole class used to know that she is entering the class, with the help of this strong fragrance. After so many years, I am reminded of it just by the mention of the name. I do not know what happened to that brand as I do not see that brand name among the trillions of brands constantly vying for our attention in every possible medium.

Speaking about forgotten brands, I recollect a brand of face cream called, "Basant Malathi", which was a favorite of my late mother, from whom we used to get the wonderful fragrance of this cream. It was more of a solution than a cream. That also seems to have perished in the competition .

similarly, there was another name that comes to mind,"Kashmir Snow", which also disappeared from the cosmetics arena.

There used to be another strong perfume which evokes nostalgic memories.The name is "Kunega Marikolundu". The manufacturers used to adopt a marketing technique; they used to spray the perfume on special issues of some weeklies (periodicals, they are called now-a-days) and all the readers are treated to the strong scent of this perfume, whenever they turn the pages of the book. This brand is extinct now, I believe.

But to day I see many fine brands, which when sprayed upon, attract bevy of beautiful nymphets to one's anatomical part (depending upon the site where the perfume is sprayed upon).Yes, there are also some brands of men's under ware, which wake up the animal and arouse the passion in the fairer sex!!

Now, that's enough of perfumes, fragrances and nostalgia.

See you soon again. Keep smiling!!!

No comments: