Sunday, June 22, 2008

Grit and Determination..A real life story.

As I cruise through various blogs everyday, I come across one special character emerging loud and clear! The grit and determination with which people are facing their issues and coming on top of them. As blog after blog passes across the monitor, I see the pain and ordeals that find their way out through the blogs. While reading today's news, I came across a story from Calcutta, which could be an inspirational one from real life for many of my fellow bloggers.

It is the saga of a poor girl who many years ago found it very difficult to continue her studies due to pecuniary problems.It is the kindness of her teachers which helped her to continue her journey and achieve something that makes all of us believe in human kindness and human determination. This is the story of Ms. Nirjharani Chakraborty, who, to continue her studies had to work in her school as a sweeper at the age of 15. She used to clean the cups and plates,sweep the floor of the class rooms and various other jobs. She could do all these things as the teachers of her school found her good in her studies and helped as she could not afford the fees and books. They paid for her food,fees,books and also provided her a job in the school as a group'D'employee. She on her part continued the education and went on to become a clerk in the same school , then a teacher, and Principal of a women's college in Calcutta. Her latest achievement is to become an MLA (Member Of Legislative Assembly)in West Bengal Assembly!

This story really appealed to me as a sign Of her determination.Hope it appeals to you also.

Bye and keep smiling till next time.

11 comments:

Absolutely Fabulous said...

hello! thanks for your visit and for leaving a nice comment.
read through your posts, i like your writing style , very calm and soothing.

tootie said...

That is a big reason why I enjoy reading blogs. It is inspiring to hear about other people's stories, just like the one you wrote about.

Thanks for the inspiration!

XYZ said...

Well, i am your friend from the day one i talked to you.

Marja said...

What a wonderful inspirational story.
Yes there are still many great things happening in this world.

vanilla sky said...

you have a nice page here, with varied topics
thanks for visiting my blog

K.C. said...

That is an inspiring story. That is what determination is all about! Loved it...

Appreciate your kind words...it was a tough time and a tough day... Kayce

Keith's Ramblings said...

What a wonderful story. It restores ones faith in human nature.

A Benevolent Sultan for Life said...

I will not sap her accomplishment
but very candidly, do you know about
something called as coordination committee ? In case you know then you might realize that those people can even make a cipher the next principle of Harvard Business School only if the institution was in W.B.

A Benevolent Sultan for Life said...

Hi sir,
Oh my exams are in Sept, I abjured to post any further before my exams are over, but you know silly urchins like me who are unwonted to any discipline and often get deviated from their resolve and never succumb to the seriousness of exams, but this is a very important one and my parents are looking forward , you know .It sometimes become a bit difficult to manage job, studies and meet up to the expectations of your loved ones,I
am trying hard.

I Like your English and the ornateness of your language, clearly exposing the forte of knowledge that you have accumulated over the years.Sir its a privilege
to know someone like you and I feel more than happy when you read those
silly doggerel posts .

K.C. said...

I came back in and I agree that reading in these blogs have given me so much inspiration. I feel like I have this great secret now, with my blog. This great secret motivation that carries me through.. Kayce

K.C. said...

Was just coming back in. Was hoping to see some more of your good writing...

But, then, I also wanting to say a hello to you! Kayce